Monday, August 1, 2011

Top Ten U.S. Parks

Just recently, I finished a whirlwind tour of National & State Parks in the Western States. This trip took 23 days to visit 21 landmarks. Below is a link to the best from 1,800 photos taken:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65923952@N05/sets/72157627224192357/

For the next few weeks, I will post my experiences and explain why each of these ten are my favorite U.S. parks to visit.
The main areas I will discuss are:
1) Major Attractions
2) Number of Attractions
3) Accessibility
4) Maintenance of Roads/Trails
5) Amenities

Below are the parks in which I make honorable mention. They are photogenic, unique, and wonderful places to see, but lack the multi-dimensional experiences found at the top ten parks. If you get a chance, please take time to visit any of these - it is well worth your time:

Acadia
Mt. Rainier
Bandelier
Aztec Ruins
Natural Bridges
Monument Valley
Canyon DeChelley
Mesa Verde
Escalante/Staircase
Capitol Reef
Redwood
Mt. St. Helens
Badlands
Glen Canyon
Bryce Canyon
Dead Horse SP (UT)
False Cape SP (VA)
Custer SP (SD)

No comments: